In its third statement for the Second Elections Day, Tuesday May 27th, 2014, ECME details the violation ECME monitored until 3:00 PM as follows:
The issue of non-resident voters who did not pre-register at the Notary Office has become the strongest problem occurring during the electoral process. PEC issued Decree no. 8 of 2014 setting the rules and procedures of voting in governorates other than their original domicile and introducing a new mechanism through submission of a request to the Notary Office in their area of residence with the purpose of avoiding the challenges non-residents encountered in previous elections including the overcrowded polling stations allocated for non-residents. However, this mechanism caused several issues to the non-residents who did not pre-registered in the Notary Office because they did not know that they would have to leave their place of domicile on the election days. Thus, they were not able to perform their national duty enshrined by the Egyptian Constitution in Article 87. Therefore, we call upon PEC to resolve this issue the upcoming elections by introducing a new mechanism to facilitate the performance of this national duty.
Violence and Thuggery
A lawyer was arrested for taking pictures of the polling stations. He had in his possessions fliers against the army and police. He drove a car with license plate number 7123 Waw Sad Alef near the polling station of Shubra El Door School, Mansoura.
Violations Inside and Outside the Polling Stations
Voters did not dip their fingers in the phosphoric ink in spite of its availability in the polling stations:
- PS no. 21 in Abnaa El Torah Primary School
- PS no. 73 in Al Motahrah Al Qebliyah Primary School, Abou Qorqas
- PS no. 21 in the New Secondary School for Girls.
- PS no. 1 in the Industrial Secondary School, Deir Mawas
A lawyer was arrested for taking photos of the polling stations in front of Shagaret El For School, Mansoura. He had in his possession fliers against the army and the police and he drove a car with license plate number 7123 dal sad alef
The Chair of PS no. 6 in Kima New Primary School took the ID of Waleed Ibrahim Mekki because the latter asked him about the reason for closing the polling station.
Witnesses and Candidate Agents Prevented from Accessing the Polling Stations
• Journalists Aly Hasan and Mohammad Al-Hakim were prevented from accessing PS no. 26, the New Secondary School for Girls although they hold PEC Cards.
• Although he holds PEC Card, journalist Nou’man Samir, correspondent of Al-Shorouk Newspaper and member of Journalists Syndicate, was prevented from accessing the PS of Sakhr School, Daqahliya and was heavily insulted by an army officer.
Influencing the Will of the Voters
• In front PS no. 72, Preparatory School, Abyouha Area, some members of the former National Democratic Party are calling the citizens to vote for Al-Sisi.
• In front of PS no. 8, Mixed Secondary School, Shousha Village, Samalout District, some pro-Alsisi tribes are instructing the citizens to vote for Al-Sisi.
• In front PS no. 60, Atsa Al-Mahata Institute, some members of the former National Democratic Party are calling the citizens to vote for Al-Sisi.
• In front PS no. 36, Abaza Primary School, Bani Salim Area, Deer Mouas District, members of Future of A Country (Moustaqbal Watan) Campaign are instructing the citizens to vote for Al-Sisi.
Beni Suef Governorate
• The head of PS no. 17, Al-Shaheed Salah Al-Deen, Hagit Village, Bani Soliman Area, Bani Suef District is instructing the citizens to vote for Hamdeen.
• In front of PS no. 77, Al-Sho’oun Al-Ibtida’yah School, Shoubak Area, Zakazik District, lawyer Mahmoud Tawik Ahmed Soliman is inducing the citizens to vote for Hamdeen.
• In front of the PS of Eastern Educational Department, the Religious Institute, military music is used to mobilize citizens to vote for Al-Sisi.
• At the entrance of Al-Rouziqat Bahary Village, Armint City, members of Future of A Country (Moustaqbal Watan) Campaign are instructing the citizens to vote for Al-Sisi.
• A mosque 300-m away from Mubarak Preparatory School, Awlad Sanad Area is urging the citizens to get out to vote, warning them that the Governorate has imposed EGP 500 fine on whoever refrains from voting.
• Banners of Al-Sisi are posted on the walls of Abdulsalam Touny School, Al-Minya City.
• In front of PSs no. 65 and 66, Manhary Preparatory School, Abu Kirqas District, members of Future of A Country (Moustaqbal Watan) Campaign are instructing the citizens to vote for Al-Sisi.