Andalus Institute for Tolerance and Anti-Violence
Call for Volunteers
Andalus Institute for Tolerance and Anti-Violence Studies is an independent research institution, that relies on the values of tolerance and citizenship, aiming at contributing to human development in Egyptian and the Arab world. On its way to achieving that, the institute confirms its commitment to the “Declaration of Principles on Tolerance, proclaimed and signed by the member states of UNESCO on 16 November 1995 ", besides all the international declarations, covenants, treaties, and bills pertaining to the subject of human rights issued by the UN or any of its sub-organization.
In the context of the work that " Al Haya Haque" is performing in collaboration with Andalus Institute for tolerance and Anti-Violence Studies, Andalus is now launching a call for volunteers.
"Al Haya Haque" is 18-month project, started in August of 2010 and which is funded by the European Union through the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights. It is a regional project aiming to contribute to the abolition of the death penalty in all of the occupied Palestinian territories, Lebanon, Jordan, and Egypt.
- Help in coordinating the implementation of activities.
- Help in organizing meetings, seminars, sessions, debates and any other activities to be carried out.
- Help in documentation and paper work.
- Develop official statements in both Arabic and English as needed.
- Project Officer of Al Haya Haque.
Length of Appointment:
The Volunteer is assigned to 9 hours per week for a period of Two month.
- Background on Human Rights.
- Good command of writing and research skills.
- Strong commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Andalus Institute provide young youth with the opportunity to get engaged in a professional and fun environment where they can enhance their capacities, share skills, gain leadership qualities, meet people, and build links with other organizations.
Interested Candidates shall contact Ms. Kholoud Hafez, Al Haya Haque Project Officer on K.hafez@Andalusitas.net to Schedule an interview immediately.
Deadline: February 29, 2012